To make a reservation
(902) 961 2135
1 800 818 0925
See why Bob Gray of the Island's newspaper The Guardian, named The Inn at St. Peters "The Meal of The Year" and why the Zagat Survey of Prince Edward Island awarded the Inn's restaurant an Excellent rating. In addition to evening meals, the Inn also serves Lunch (see below).
When you enter the dining room the first thing you notice are the wall to wall windows which provide you with stunning views of St. Peters Bay. Evenings are especially spectacular and there are many nights the verandah is crowded with dinner guests taking pictures of one of PEI's prettiest sunsets. Enhance your dining experience by planning to arrive a half an hour earlier to enjoy a cocktail or a selection from our extensive wine list in the Great Room, on the verandah or at the Bar.
As the sun descends beneath the waters, our Chefs and Kitchen Crew work magic in their domain, fashioning epicurean delights you will not forget. Whether it is visiting the North Shore fishermen, local farmers, selecting vegetables and herbs from our gardens or baking all of our own breads and pastries, our Chefs create exceptional cuisine for even the most discriminating palate in a casual fine dining atmosphere.
At the Inn you have the freedom to select from our wide ranging menu. With an extensive list of appetizers, entrees and desserts along with daily specials to select from, even someone dining with us multiple times can enjoy a different meal every night.
Our menu always has a vegetarian entree and our Chefs are able to accommodate those guests who are vegan or gluten free.
As a room guest, a full hot country breakfast is included in your room rate as long as your reservation has been made directly with the Inn. Also, as a room guest, should you decide to join us for dinner you dine a la carte, your choice from our menu with the option of a 3 course dinner for $50 per person. We are very flexible on this and it is not something you have to decide on ahead of time.
We serve dinner every day of the week commencing May 23, 2020 through October 3. Lunch will be served from 11:30-2:00, Wednesday through Sunday starting June 17 to September 6.
We recommend reservations and welcome those Island visitors who are not staying at the Inn.
Dinner is served! While our menu is constantly changing, here are just a few of the selections that have been on our menu this summer:
- Salad, watermelon, cucumber, sweet pickled shallots, dried cranberries, grapefruit vinaigrette
Scallops, celeriac puree and hazelnut aioli, bacon and shallot crumb, apple butter
- Chicken roulade, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, arugula, balsamic reduction
- Seafood chowder, mussels, haddock, salmon, red pepper, corn
- Oysters on the half shell
- Arctic char smoked in house, pickled mustard, yogurt, green apple and dill
- Mushroom Ragout, crimini mushrooms, sweet potato gnocchi, chickpeas, spinach, coconut milk
Halibut, yogurt baked fingerling potatoes, citrus basil sauce, pineapple and mango salsa, ricotta, cilantro oil
Grilled Island Beef Tenderloin, dauphinoise potatoes, candied carrots, brown butter shiitakes, jus
Salmon, pan seared, spiced rice pilaf, wilted greens, pea puree, ginger remoulade
- Pork tenderloin, spaetzle, [parsnip, fennel and apple slaw, caper vinaigrette
- Lobster, butter poached, warm potato salad, charred leeks, asparagus
- Chocolate pave, banana ice cream, salted caramel, honeycomb, caramelized bananas, chocolate coffee crumb
- Blueberry mousse, carbonated blueberries, spiced sponge cake, blueberry compote, honey jellies
- Rhubarb curd tart, cream cheese strawberry macaroon, rhubarb spheres, milk crumb, strawberry compote
- Inn made ice creams and sorbets
Lunch ($10-20) Served Wednesday through Sunday 11:30-2:00
- Island blue mussels
- Seafood chowder, cup/bowl
- Oysters on the half shell
- Green salad or caesar salad
- The Inn Burger
- Chicken Divan crepes
- Daily quiche
- Veggie burger
- Seafood crepes
- Grilled chicken sandwich
- Lobster roll
- Mac and Cheese-daily taste
"The diningroom is outstanding - worth visiting the area just to savor such an experience."
– Guide to Eastern Canada